Highlights of the trip:
- Central BBQ - try the half and half slab (half wet rub half dry rub ribs)
- The Pyramid (Bass Pro Shop) - there are a LOT of things to do and see in here including the restaurants, the observation deck, shops, and they also have a giant aquarium which kids absolutely love.
- Navy Pier - this is the 'Times Square' of Chi-town, very touristy, but you gotta visit it at least once, ride the ferris wheel, and even have dinner on the cruise. It's so worth it! Beautiful scenery, gorgeous weather, don't bother eating on the food court, get some food somewhere else!
- Uno's Pizza - again touristy, but you just gotta try the deep-dish pizza to cross it off your bucket list
- Michigan Ave - a lot of fancy shops, kinda like 5th Avenue in NYC, very nice to stroll around
- Riverwalk - GORGEOUS, oh gosh! So many rooftop restaurants here
- Firecakes Donuts - try the donut ice cream sandwich!
- Lincoln Park Zoo - it's FREE so why not? parking is $25 though
- Chicago Cultural Center - it's also FREE and gorgeous! right across the Cloud Gate
- The Bean/ Cloud Gate - touristy, but why not?
- Andy's Thai Kitchen (ATK) - delicious Thai food! Try the Tom Kha
- Floriole - try the ricotta toast, pastries, and coffee selections
- Mango - A Peruvian restaurant in downtown St. Louis, the ceviche is bomb!
- The Arch - take pictures!
We didn't get to stay in Arkansas and Oklahoma, but maybe next time :) Even though summer is not over yet, I feel like my 'vacay mode' is simmering down. Why? Because next week is August already! And that means School is starting very soon! I really hope we'll be ready by then.
If you like the article, pin it with the button below!