- What made you want to start running your own business?
I worked for two major hotel brands in event planning and sales for 10 years. It was time for a change. Once we started a family it was an easy decision. Although it is a lot of work, owning my own business has allowed me to be flexible with a 5 month old. Plus, It’s nice being the boss of myself ;)
- The best part of running your own business :
The best part of running my own business is having a product that people genuinely love. Our fans are always so gracious and complimentary. Sorbet makes people happy. It's awesome to be in the business of feeding people sweet treats.
- The most challenging part of running your own business :
The most challenging part of running my own business is that there are never enough hours in the day. At any given moment I am feeling guilty about neglecting my child or my business.
- The biggest lesson you have learned so far from doing both (mothering & running your own business)?
The biggest lesson I have learned from doing both is that organization is key. I am a big fan of routine. We strive to stay consistent with our schedules to help us keep sane in the midst of all that goes on.
- If you could give 1 piece of advice to people who want to start their own businesses (women/mothers in particular), what would it be?
My advice to women and mothers who want to start their own business is first and foremost you have to be passionate about what you are doing. Owning your own business isn't easy--there are long hours, there are many hats to wear and sometimes the work can seem thankless.
You also have to be persistent because guess what--you are going to make mistakes. It is how you respond to failure and the mistakes that can be the deciding factor in whether your business makes it or not.
- Your favorite sorbet flavor : Coconut all day :)